November 15, 2018
In the event that inclement weather forces us to delay opening, close early, or close altogether, our policy is as follows:
• Closing or delay information will always be posted on our website (www.alymca.org), mobile app, social media (Facebook & Twitter), and Channels 6, 8 and 13.
• A delay means the Y will open at 9:00 a.m. unless stated otherwise.
• If either Auburn or Lewiston school systems have school, then the Y will be open with a possible delay.
• If BOTH Auburn and Lewiston school systems cancel school and the Y has not been closed, then there will be no morning programs. The fitness center, child watch and child care will be open, but no classes until Noon.
• If necessary, a decision on mid-day programs/classes will be made at 10:00 a.m. and evening cancellations will be made at 2:00 p.m. Depending on the forecast, we may make the decision to delay or close the day before.
We will always do our best to inform members before we open if there are any cancellations/closures/delays, however, please understand early morning instructors may not be able to get here if there is inclement weather and early morning programs may be canceled. When in doubt, please stay safe!
• Take the Y with you anywhere you go!
• FREE for iPhone and Android.
• View classes and schedules, register for
programs, join contests & win prizes.
• Push notifications so you never miss
How to download the Mobile App:
Go to Google Play or iTunes.
Type in Auburn–Lewiston YMCA
To receive push notifications:
• Click “More” in the bottom right corner of the App
• Select: Preferences, Notifications, then YMCA of Auburn-Lewiston
• Select which Push Notifications you wish to receive.