April programs at the Y
March 31, 2016
Celebrate spring at the Y with new and returning programs, including Healthy Kids Day, Couch to 5K, and Water Walking.
- Healthy Kids Day: All are welcome to the YMCA’s annual Healthy Kids Day on Saturday, April 30. Activities include swimming, crafts, obstacle courses, and more. Free and open to the public. First 75 registrants receive a free cinch bag.
- April Vacation Camp: For children grades K–6. Includes outdoor scavenger hunt, movie day, crafts, Kids Zumba, a field trip and more. Runs April 18–22. $130 for members; $140 for non-members. Pre-registration is required.
- Summer Camps: Registration is now open for the Y’s signature Camp Connor, Teen Leadership Camp and Y Kids Camp. Families can sign up by the week. Sessions run June 20–Aug. 19. Prices vary by camp. For children entering grades K–10.
- Couch to 5k: Whether training for your first 5k race or getting back in shape after a break, join us for a 7-week program starting April 26. Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:45 p.m. at Festival Plaza, Auburn. $40 for Y members; $60 for non-members. Children 8+ run free with adult.
- Babysitting Certification (American Red Cross): Offered over two days, April 18 and 19, during school break. Geared to youth ages 11–15. Participants learn CPR/First Aid as well as how to run a babysitting business. $65 for Y members; $75 for non-members.
- Walk Your Trail Off!: Put miles on your pedometer with a group of like-minded walkers. This spring, hit the trails at the Y’s Outdoor Education & Learning Center in Auburn. Meets Mondays and Wednesdays, April 11–June 1. Participants receive a pedometer, t-shirt and water bottle. $15 for Y members; $20 for non-members.
- Indoor Field Hockey: For youth grades 3–8. Program runs March 26–May 1 at Ingersoll Arena in Auburn. Registration limited to 40 participants.
- Gymnastics: For youth ages 3 ½ through teens. Session 5 runs May 3–June 23. Fees range $34–$53 by age group. Meets at Lewiston Armory, 65 Central Ave., Lewiston. Registration opens April 21.
- Youth Swim Lessons: Eight-week session starts April 25. Multiple days and times available. For children six months through 12 years of age. Registration opens April 4.
- Water Walking: A low-impact group exercise program, Water Walking begins April 7 and will run Thursdays and Fridays, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Free to Y members; $5 drop-in for non-members. Limit 16 participants per class -- so come in early to sign up.
- New Tai Chi classes: Thursdays at 4 p.m., starting March 31. Taught by Joe Harrigan, this class is an evidence-based program incorporating Chinese healing practices and meditation. Free to members; $8 drop-in rate for non-members.
- Pickleball: Evening Pickleball is now available Fridays, 5–7 p.m. This is in addition to our Friday, noon–2 p.m. time. New players are welcome; instructors are on hand to teach the rules of the game. Free to members; $3 drop-in rate.
- Home School Exercise: For children 4–15 years. Mondays and Wednesdays, 1–2 p.m. Session runs April 25–June 15. $35 for members; $50 for non-members.
- Lunch & Learn: We’ll hear from Maureen Higgings of the Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing. $5 registration fee is required; includes lunch. Tuesday, April 12, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Group Power Launch: Unleash your inner warrior with the latest Group Power program release on April 26. See the group exercise schedule at alymca.org for class times. Group classes are free to members, $8 drop-in rate for adults.
Pre-registration is required for most events and programs. Some fees apply, and financial assistance is available for qualifying individuals and families. For more information, visit our Welcome Center (62 Turner Street, Auburn) or call 795-4095.
<< Back To News