Making an Impact
The Auburn-Lewiston YMCA is for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our programs, financial assistance and membership help fight these statistics:
For Children in Our Community
- in Maine, 28% of children ages 10- 17 are obese and 36% of Maine kindergarteners are at risk of obesity.
- Poor nutrition, poverty, and lack of physical activity contribute to high obesity rates.
- 93% of Maine children are not physically active.
For Adults in Our Community
- 33.5% of adults in Androscoggin County are diagnosed with High Blood pressure, the highest of any county in Maine.
- 56% of adults in Androscoggin County have been hospitalized short-term for diabetes, the highest of any county in Maine.
- 65.9% of adults in Androscoggin County are overweight or obese, the second highest county in Maine.